dys·func·tion /dɪsˈfʌŋkʃən/ [dis-fuhngk-shuhn]–noun
1. Medicine/Medical . malfunctioning, as of an organ or structure of the body. 2. any malfunctioning part or element: the dysfunctions of the country's economy. 3. Sociology . a consequence of a social practice or behavior pattern that undermines the stability of a social system.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I've Burned Myself

I was planning on doing a post about how coffee is a social staple in North America.

How, a person almost needs to acquire a taste for coffee so that they can accept it during certain social situations.

Meeting for the first time over coffee; picking up some coffees from the local Tim Horton's on the way in; camp breakfast companion; a nice gesture when you have company over.

I was going to make vague references to how there are some people that I know who don't drink coffee, and that they are then put in a position to refuse a mug from the pot, decline a cup of black with the fixings on the side, and sometimes go without a drink because coffee was the only thing made.

But instead, I got burned.

I created this poll to find out which hot beverages people drink, and really to have the topic on my readers' minds so that they could visually see my points.



...




Well, here it is!


50%

Only FIFTY percent of my voters drink coffee.



O_o



So apparently, hot chocolate  is a better social tool, and that is what we should be offering and meeting up for.


After all, 80% is a pretty big majority.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I don't like coffee! In fact I've never even had a whole cup- the most I've had is half coffee half hot chocolate on desperate days where I am sooooo tired I could pass out at any given moment, standing or not.

jedi starrunner said...

I only started drinking coffee this summer and now I LOVE it. I was angry when I couldn't vote 8 times for coffee... coffee is WAY better than any other warm beverage. :p

Anonymous said...

Hey kid you poll totals 270%. Think I need a coffee and figure this one out.