dys·func·tion /dɪsˈfʌŋkʃən/ [dis-fuhngk-shuhn]–noun
1. Medicine/Medical . malfunctioning, as of an organ or structure of the body. 2. any malfunctioning part or element: the dysfunctions of the country's economy. 3. Sociology . a consequence of a social practice or behavior pattern that undermines the stability of a social system.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

'Tis *My* Season

Happy December!


December First marks the end of Movember and the beginning of my super-awesome-Christmas-celebration-time.

I am so excited to plan tons of things for the Christmas holidays this year, particularly excited for the things that we are going to be doing as a family.



But before I get into that, I would like to show you my disfigured gerbil Boyfriend.




Awesome photo editing...I know. I had a little TOO much fun with it.
 
This is the love of my life with his Movember facial hair.

Prostate cancer...be aware.

I am proud of him for looking a little bit like a hobo for a month so he could participate in an awesome event to raise awareness for prostate cancer.

Now I'm excited for him to clean his face up a bit.


O_O


Back to Christmas!

My tentative plans so far include going to get Santa pictures done this Saturday, and then we're off to a children's Christmas party that my cousin hosts annually. There are crafts and snacks (supposedly...I've never been (I'll let you know how it goes)) and she only asks that you bring a new unwrapped toy for donation.

A couple of months weeks ago I dragged Bestie out shopping with me and I put the finishing touches on the girls' Christmas outfits for this year, so I am planning on having them wear them for pictures and party. Hopefully any stains they develop are not permanent...

Next week I am planning on getting our Christmas tree (REAL!!!!!!) and I will then mount it and decorate it and bask in its glory.

Sometime between now and then I will figure out where we are going to be hanging our stockings since I have no fireplace, and there are a certain lack of available space for it. (I have heard of families just placing them on the couch Christmas Eve, but I don't think that will cut it for my Christmas obsessions.)

I'm going to make plans to see Brother and Brother's girlfriend closer to the 25th, mayhaps we will decorate cookies or ornaments. My Dad, Boyfriend's Dad, and Bestie will need to have visities arranged as well. Boyfriend's Mom has dibs on Boxing Day, and Shake'n'Bake is with her dad for Christmas Eve,

soooooooooooooooo...

Family presents will be put out on the 23rd in order to pump excitement through her little two year old body. Perhaps that is around the time that Santa will reply to her letter. Shake'n'Bake comes back early morning on the 25th (after Santa has been here) and then we will open presents and play with toys for hours.

I will leave my tree up for probably... a week after New Year's because it makes me happy, and I will take a ba-zillion pictures of everyone having a great time doing happy-fun-Christmas-joy-stuff.

And maybe if I get a picture or two that is not too "un"-anonymous I will annoy you glorious people and post them. Because everyone wants to see pictures of my children.




What are your plans for this December?

1 comment:

jedi starrunner said...

my plan occurrs in a number of stages.
1. DON'T die from writing 5 final exams.
2. Come back *home* to see my famjam.
3. Visities with my Bestest friend, including yummy guacamole, girly talk, coffee, and oodles of cuddles from her adorable little kidlets.
4. Spoil some babies rotten and watch them bask in smiley glory.
5. Eat some delicious food and gain about 10lbs.

:D