dys·func·tion /dɪsˈfʌŋkʃən/ [dis-fuhngk-shuhn]–noun
1. Medicine/Medical . malfunctioning, as of an organ or structure of the body. 2. any malfunctioning part or element: the dysfunctions of the country's economy. 3. Sociology . a consequence of a social practice or behavior pattern that undermines the stability of a social system.

Monday, December 20, 2010

The Rule About The Tree... And Other Christmas Revelry

rev·el·ry

[rev-uhl-ree]
–noun, plural -ries.
reveling; boisterous festivity: Their revelry could be heard across the river.
merrymaking, celebration, carousal, spree.



I have some photos to share!





This is Tim, our Christmas tree!




















And this is Tim all dressed in his holiday apparel!











I used some wire and turned an ornament into a star for the top of the tree (I'm awesome, I know) and Boyfriend bought some garland, bows, and candy canes to help decorate this place!


I was jealous inspired by a bowl of pinecones of all things, that I saw at Boyfriend's Mom's house, so we stopped at the Dollarama (it's nuts out there!) and I spent a total of $2.26 on this awesome decorative piece.


It's okay to be jealous.

I already had the cotton snow because I used to make pillows, the branches are from Tim, and the basket is part of a four piece set I got as a birthday present from my aunt.

The smaller two baskets have been filled with mini candy canes (yes!) and the bigger basket is still empty, but will most likely be filled with cookies after we bake.



SO! Sunday.


Sunday night when Shake'n'Bake got home from her dad's house we all sat down and wrote our letter to Santa. She was polite, but fairly nonspecific...

"Dear Santa,
I have been good this year.
I would like some toys.
Splat would like some toys."

Etc.


But we wrote it and Boyfriend then carried Shake'n'Bake to the mailbox where she left the letter for an elf to pick up.



Well wouldn't you know it, Santa had come and left a reply by the next morning.

He left a hand-written letter (sealed with gold) and a lovely package for the girls.


That's the letter in the background.
It was covered in stickers and various happiness and had come all the way from the North Pole.


Shake'n'Bake was super excited.


After the initial wrapping was removed there was a tidy brown box that had his signature on it.




Santa Claus had sent two stuffed animals (one reindeer and one snowman), three packages of stickers (Disney Princesses, Toy Story 3, and Tinkerbell), and a set of pyjamas for each girl to wear Christmas morning.

It was very sweet of Santa to send a gift early so that the girls, specifically Shake'n'Bake, can get super excited about the impending Christmas morning and have toys to play with until then.



Oh, and the rule about the tree (and the presents) is...

Don't Touch.




Now: A Blog Note!

I am going to try and update as much as possible, but there are a few people that I love more than you readers...and that's my family (and let's be honest, at this point I'm going to see most of you over the holidays) so I may be busy doing happy-fun-family-stuff but I will try and pop in and let you know how things are going.

I wish you all happiness during the holidays!

With love,

dys·func·tion

1 comment:

jedi starrunner said...

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS WITH *MY* FAMILY TOMORROW!!!! (friend, friend-boyfriend, and babes :D.... I wonder who that could be!)