dys·func·tion /dɪsˈfʌŋkʃən/ [dis-fuhngk-shuhn]–noun
1. Medicine/Medical . malfunctioning, as of an organ or structure of the body. 2. any malfunctioning part or element: the dysfunctions of the country's economy. 3. Sociology . a consequence of a social practice or behavior pattern that undermines the stability of a social system.

Friday, November 12, 2010

The Victims Of Fussy Hour

A couple of weeks after Splat was born she started this lovely habit of "Fussy Hour".

Every night at 9pm she would begin crying inconsolably until 3 in the morning.

Shake'n'Bake goes to bed at 8:30 and wakes up around 7am...

I drew some pictures to put this in perspective.

(It helps to start at 6pm.)







Now start at 3am.





Note that the window of content-sleepy-face is only four hours before Shake'n'Bake wakes up.



I keep my house fairly child-proof since I have two children, and some mornings Shake'n'Bake would sneak out quietly to the living room, or wake me up so I could change her and give her breakfast, and then I'd put on a movie (Super Mom I know, but I was frickin' tired) and go back to sleep for a little bit.



Well, I got my kamuppins.



One morning Shake'n'Bake came into my bedroom and said:


"Good morning Mommy!"

"Good morning Shake'n'Bake."

"I wet."

"What? Why are you wet?"


At this point I felt her hair, and it was wet and sticky. It smelled fruity...


"I a good girl. I made a mess but I clean it up."


O_o



"What did you say?"

"I good girl. I made a mess but I clean it up."

"What mess?"

"I clean it up."


Oh God.



And so I got up quickly and followed my adorable little two year old out into the living room.


There she presented to me: my couch.



My best guess is that she spilled a few drops of milk on the couch, and decided that she wanted to clean it up for me.

Two-year-old-clean = That-big-sister-present-had-shampoo-in-it...I-bet-I-can-climb-on-something-and-reach-it

So she emptied the entire bottle of shampoo onto my couch to clean up a few drops of milk.



O_O


So, first thing in the morning, after four and a half hours of sleep, I got to mop shampoo (which, need I remind you foams like a mofo when mixed with water) up off the floor...






...then I discovered that my mop bucket had a big hole in it.






THE END!





And for your viewing pleasure...


I drew Shake'n'Bake today because her outfit is ridiculously horrible! (She gets to pick what she wears every morning)




And she decided to draw ME next to her! (Appropriate that it's blue...) Those four circles on the right are my eyes! All...four......of........them..........   *cough*




Andddddddddddd

My colouring prowess!

"Lolz! Cherries drink Limeade"

No comments: