dys·func·tion /dɪsˈfʌŋkʃən/ [dis-fuhngk-shuhn]–noun
1. Medicine/Medical . malfunctioning, as of an organ or structure of the body. 2. any malfunctioning part or element: the dysfunctions of the country's economy. 3. Sociology . a consequence of a social practice or behavior pattern that undermines the stability of a social system.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

I Gotta Go

"dys·func·tion, how goes potty training?"



Well, I'm glad you asked!

Potty training for Shake'n'Bake is going stupendously well. I'm actually a little surprised at how quickly she has taken to it.

Back in November, I started some half-a$$ed potty training, where we would go occassionally...really whenever I thought about it or she saw me going.

I began implementing a potty chart that she could put stickers on every time she peed, which would demonstrate how many times each day she was going.

Here is November's:

The one in the notes section was the example.



Most weekend days are blank in this case because she is with her dad most weekends.



Here is December's:


Notice that things are getting a little more regular towards the end of the month? Oh yeah.

(The 30th and 31st are blank because she was with her dad again.)


Santa brought Shake'n'Bake big girl underwear for Christmas and  I  we decided to wait until the New Year to start wearing them, but she was so excited she wanted to use the potty more right away.

Man oh man, did my potty charts get in over their heads for January.



Okay...this is massive balls.

When I took this chart off the wall, there was a MOUNTAIN of stickers on the 14th.

I mean a MOUNTAIN.

You couldn't see the day anymore...you couldn't even see most of the stickers on the bottom.

Somewhere, between the bathroom and the scanner (also within two days) most of this mountain has fallen off and disappeared.



I'm so bummed.

Sigh.



Well, you'll have to take my word for it, there was a MOUNTAIN of stickers.


Picture from here



So I have created a weekly potty chart instead, that she can now put a sticker in each box every time she pees.




We're having so much fun!

O_o

4 comments:

jedi starrunner said...

I LOVE PEEING ON THE POTTY!

I wish I got a sticker for every time I did it :(

Jennifer said...

I kind of want to re-learn about peepee and poopoo just because you're so awesome at making it fun! You should make sure you get some stickers too for being such an awesome Mommy!

dys·func·tion said...

Lol! Well thank you both. I'm sure a quick trip to the dollar store will provide you with stickers...
Or you could stop peeing on the potty and start wetting your pants again, demanding that your parents buy them for you...
O_o
One or the other.

jedi starrunner said...

I'm probably going to go with the pant-wetting. The dollar store is a freezing cold car ride away.