dys·func·tion /dɪsˈfʌŋkʃən/ [dis-fuhngk-shuhn]–noun
1. Medicine/Medical . malfunctioning, as of an organ or structure of the body. 2. any malfunctioning part or element: the dysfunctions of the country's economy. 3. Sociology . a consequence of a social practice or behavior pattern that undermines the stability of a social system.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year Filler!

Happy 2011!



I was so super busy over the holidays, and yet I still tried to write the "Festive Egg Nog" series to give everyone something to read, and then I took a few days off.


"dys·func·tion, what have you been doing?"


Great question!


Answer: Great Big Buttloads of NOTHING!



And it's been fantastic.




The day after we went to my Dad's house, Shake'n'Bake went to her dad's for an extended-holiday-weekend-visit and I proceeded to sit on my butt and try to flatten it.

Boyfriend and I have watched movies; finished a whole TV series (a gift from Brother); rearranged the girls' toys from Christmas and the addition of a new toybox; and we have gamed our faces off.

So, here I sit with no face (hahaha) and I figure it's high time for an update. To be honest, I am also waiting for a new game to finish downloading and Shake'n'Bake gets home in an hour or so, so this isn't going to be super long.




Boyfriend and I ordered Chinese food and had a couple of beers for New Year's. We watched the entire season of The Colony 2, and then gamed into the wee hours of the morning.

Yesterday was a Game Day, and we cycled between the computers and the PS3 playing various game-age alllllll day.

It was nice to be super lazy and relaxing because it's rare that Shake'n'Bake isn't home (and she is high energy) and I went back to school today, Boyfriend goes back next week.




I've just finished making the newest potty calendar for Shake'n'Bake to put stickers on every time she pees, and I've scanned a little something else to share with you.



Shake'n'Bake and I were colouring the other day, and I was just about to finish my epically-better-than-hers picture when I was robbed.



Robbed of having the best picture.



Look carefully at the bottom of this picture.

Underneath the closest car, the "Rainbow Highway" suddenly gains an extra lane! WTF?!

I had coloured red, then orange, then purple, then yellow, then blue, and as I was colouring green I noticed that there was a disturbance in the force.

Somehow, when the rainbow disappears from sight under the cloud car, the light beams split into another stripe of colour.

I was so mad, I quit.

Ragequit.



And for those of you who think I screwed up...you're wrong.

Here's a close up of the edge of the cloud car to prove that there was a black line indicating the outer edge of the purple, and that I didn't just move all the colours over one by mistake.




Yeah! You see that?!



Stupid CareBears.





Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

haha this reminds me of our discussion when I was colouring with Shake'n'Bake and she went on my side...

but way worse. And definitely less cute. CareBear fail!