dys·func·tion /dɪsˈfʌŋkʃən/ [dis-fuhngk-shuhn]–noun
1. Medicine/Medical . malfunctioning, as of an organ or structure of the body. 2. any malfunctioning part or element: the dysfunctions of the country's economy. 3. Sociology . a consequence of a social practice or behavior pattern that undermines the stability of a social system.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cabin Fever

Hoo Boy!

Winter is getting to me already.

It has been particularily cold lately (there's a good chance I'm just a wimp) so I have been keeping the girls inside a lot.

This is a pretty big contrast to this fall's routine of going on the 20 minute walk to the park every day, then walking from the park to the grocery store/movie store complex, then walking home.


Every. Day.


We stopped going when the girls started getting windburn and/or frostbite on their chubby little cheeks.


Since then we've only been outside a handful of times. We've made a few snowmen, tossed a few snowballs, and flopped around a couple of times to attempt snow angels; but overall, the majority of our days are spent indoors.


Enter 'Cabin Fever'.


Thank God for Christmas (literally, ha!), without all of these new toys and shows Shake'n'Bake would have lost her mind long ago. Now don't get me wrong, potty training has kept me busy, and I have been pretty good with creating new games and activities, but at the end of the day everything looks the same.

I've rearranged furniture, cleaned, organized, stood up, lied down, and sat backwards but my scenery never changes.

I am starting to lose my mind.



Waking up in the morning takes a massive amount of effort due to Splat's inability to sleep through the night. I place an IV that drips coffee into my veins, and when nap time rolls around I am then incapable of settling down.


It's a vicious cycle really.


So I sit in front of my computer and I blog, and I think about blogging, and I read other blogs, and I plan blogs, and I fiddle with my blog design, and I check my stats, and I check my comments, and I read more blogs, and then I wish I followed more blogs so I could read more, and then I get bummed that no one has posted anything new for me to read, and then I get bummed that I don't get that many comments on my posts.



O_o



Still with me?

It's just all so repetitive.



What's that? You want to know where my school work fits in to all of this? Simple. I'll let you in on a little studying secret.


Put your textbook next to your toilet.



Genius isn't it? Every time I'm in the bathroom - most likely pooping but sometimes Shake'n'Bake is bathing or something - I read for school. Then it's just a matter of finding a suitable nap time to do my tests when needed, and asking Boyfriend to mind the children while I do midterms or finals.


But I digress! Cabin Fever.


Have you ever wondered what Cabin Fever feels like?

Picture from here
In my case, cabin fever feels like you're in your twenties...trying to play with the same dollhouse...for weeks on end.

I can see all of the rooms in my house.

Pretty much at one time.

I'm either in the living room/kitchen area with the girls, the bathroom, or the big open space that is all of our bedrooms combined... and we tend not to play in the bathroom.


O_o


Hey! We played in the livkitchenroom all day yesterday. Let's play in the bedrooms today. And then the livkitchen tomorrow... and then the bedrooms the day after...



ARGH!



I'm going insane.


Coupled with an incredible ability to get tasks done quickly, most of my day is slow and painful.



This post is the first one that has taken me more than a day once I've started writing in Blogger.



Oh well, I guess this makes grocery shopping seem that much more epic!

No comments: