dys·func·tion /dɪsˈfʌŋkʃən/ [dis-fuhngk-shuhn]–noun
1. Medicine/Medical . malfunctioning, as of an organ or structure of the body. 2. any malfunctioning part or element: the dysfunctions of the country's economy. 3. Sociology . a consequence of a social practice or behavior pattern that undermines the stability of a social system.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Inability

Well this is painfully embarassing.

I've been reading a lot about transmedia on a blog that a friend of mine writes called Silverstring Media. He posted recently about ARGs that are short stories and their possibilities. (PS, if I'm mangling the details horribly, then I'm sorry...but really HE'S writing about it, not me...and apparently I'm a very slowwwwww learner) In this post he linked to a sample of a transmedia experience by a group called NoMimesMedia which offers a small interaction...almost like a preview or demonstration of their transmedium. (Awesome word...if it's real then that's even better!)

This demonstration is supposed to take 10 minutes to accomplish.

It took me 41 minutes.

41

Sigh. It would appear that I am slightly behind when it comes to this level of technology...or social media...or whatever fancy word I could use to describe my inability to follow the prompts and interact with this story.

The amazing part was how angry being this incapable made me.

I actually had to contact the author of Silverstring Media and ask for his help with this 10 minute story.



*cough*



Fantastic.


No comments: