dys·func·tion /dɪsˈfʌŋkʃən/ [dis-fuhngk-shuhn]–noun
1. Medicine/Medical . malfunctioning, as of an organ or structure of the body. 2. any malfunctioning part or element: the dysfunctions of the country's economy. 3. Sociology . a consequence of a social practice or behavior pattern that undermines the stability of a social system.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fruity Whirls

Sorry for the delay between posts.

I've been trying to rock an "every three days maximum" thing here, and this past week has been hectic.

And the points that haven't been hectic have been filled with me sleeping.






Or crocheting.






Or vomiting.












So here I am, enjoying a bowl of Fruity Whirls Breakfast Cereal; and I have determined that I should be writing something into my blog so that people are aware that I am not dead.

I am not dead!

I came close though.

I developed mastitis. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's an infection of milk ducts.

Causes some nasty things: chills, fever, dizziness, exhaustion, swollen and tender ducts.

It's a big pile of suck.

I misdiagnosed it as 'Nasty-Cold-Boyfriend's-Mom's-Boyfriend-Brought-Back-From-Europe'.

So this sickness came and went about six or seven times over a longggg span. It was nasty brutal, and if it wasn't for Boyfriend being super awesome and taking care of me, I would have died.

I also enjoyed writing a Midterm for College during all of this loveliness.



Since that time, Drizzle has caught himself in a mouse trap (poor guy), and then Houdini'd himself out; Landlord has replaced the front door (woooooo!); and in my excitment over potty training Shake'n'Bake, I managed to clog the only toilet in my house and be banned from pooping for over a day while my poor Landlord was elbow-deep in dukey, trying to unclog it.

Hopefully I will be able to come up with something funny and enjoyable for you to read within the next three days. Cross your fingers!

3 comments:

jedi starrunner said...

I like this post. It just feels real to me. I'm sick these days too. Not from my milk glands, but from a sinus cold. Lame. I'm glad you have a door again :) and the ability to poop&flush in your own home. woohoo!

dys·func·tion said...

Thanks Jedi Starrunner. I was a little hestitant to post this because it's not very humorous in the least...but I figured that people would want to know where I've been for the last couple of days.
And pooping in my own home is the bomb-diggity!

Jennifer said...

It's not humourous, no, because I want you to feel better not icky, but that last paragraph still made me laugh. The nicknames and the way you write is all very amusing :)

And don't sweat if you can't write the funnies...funny /= enjoyable all the time!

Ps follow me back, unless you think it will affect your anonymity