dys·func·tion /dɪsˈfʌŋkʃən/ [dis-fuhngk-shuhn]–noun
1. Medicine/Medical . malfunctioning, as of an organ or structure of the body. 2. any malfunctioning part or element: the dysfunctions of the country's economy. 3. Sociology . a consequence of a social practice or behavior pattern that undermines the stability of a social system.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Freeze-ster!

Guess what the Easter Bunny brought me this year.

A broken heater!

Well, he would have, if the poor bugger hadn't frozen outside.


Picture from here.
 It was Wednesday I believe... when we first noticed it was starting to get chilly in here.

I naively chalked it up to a drop in the outside temperature. As if things could actually happen naturally around here.

Thursday was just plain cold. When it came time for bed I was shivering, and as such, I turned the thermostat all the way up.

I just wanted to hear the heater go on.

But it was too late.

She was dead.


o_o


We shivered all night. I double-blanketed the girls, checking in on them periodically, and first thing in the morning I contacted Landlord. He was over later that day (Friday...GOOD Friday) to let me know that although he knew what was wrong with the heater, all the stores were closed due to this blasted holiday.  Also, the piece he needed may have to be ordered.

So he brought us two space heaters.

This was a lovely gesture, and most of the time these two little buggers are adequate to heat the apartment....like noonish, when the outside temperature has risen....but I can not wait to have the heater working again.

If there's one thing that should rise from the dead today...blasphemic joke, I know. I apologize if it offends anyone.

Cold.



Happy Easter!

No comments: